Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Slice One

http://adventuresincreativity.net/sliceone.wmv (4 min.)

This digital re-mix might be called “The Creative Adventure” meets “I Ching - the Book of Changes.” I took original paintings, collages and graphic images from my two-hour video, The Creative Adventure, and sliced and spliced them into a video montage. I used custom created filters, accidental juxtapositions and other chance elements in this composition. As a semi-abstract video artist, I began with the whole and worked towards the details, even with the music. This was not a linear process-- what was at the beginning ended up in the end or somewhere in the middle.

I find the use of chance in the digital re-mix puts things together in ways I had not anticipated, but I believe the aesthetic dimension is choosing what to keep and what to discard. As Robert Rauschenberg said, “The drips maybe accidental, but I choose which ones to keep.”

No comments: